Have You Been Hacked?
Check to see if your personal data was compromised.
- Following Equifax’s announcement earlier this month that data from 143 million people – almost …
- Major credit reporting bureau Equifax announced in early September that personal data for 143 …
- There is no rule or law that a live website be secure and, in …
- Reputation management firms are used to combat bad content written and ranking on the …
- Using search engine optimization and original content is an important way to combat against …
- When discussing the major brands and companies that have experienced potentially destructive problems for …
- Companies use web-to-lead forms to gather information about their customers and determine their needs; …
- Lead forms were designed to provide a company with information about a potential customer …
- Lead forms are typically used by companies who want to get information about a …
- Malvertising is a relatively vague and unknown cyber security issue, which is hidden in …
- The BBC website was the victim of a malvertising cyber attack on March 13, …
- 288 of the Netherlands' most popular websites were victimized by a malvertising attack in …
Data breaches happen everyday...sorry.
According to the Identity Theft Resource Center, there were approximately 781 data breaches in the United States last year. This was down from 2014, however only by 2 breaches. Of the 781 data breaches that occurred in 2015, almost 40% were attributed to businesses, which is up from 2014, and 35.5% were attributed to the health and medical sector, which was down from 2014.How healthy is your ID security?
How do I protect myself from identity theft?
Shredding documents, wiping technology hard drives before discarding and avoiding emails from unknown senders are just a few ways to prevent ID theft.learn more ›
Signing up for antivirus software protection is an easy and affordable way to constantly protect the incoming and outgoing data on your computer and phone.learn more ›
Enrolling in fraud protection and being diligent about monitoring your banking and credit card statements for unauthorized transactions is an important way to patrol for fraud.learn more ›
Epic Fail: Top Data Breaches
Equifax Data Breach July 2017 - 143,000,000 Accounts
In early September 2017, Equifax, one of the three nationwide credit reporting bureaus, announced that as many as 143 million Americans had been compromised after a cybersecurity breach that allowed access to sensitive information.learn more ›
Yahoo! Late 2014 - 500,000,000 Accounts
Yahoo! announced on September 22, 2016 that in 2014 their server was hacked and 500 million user accounts were compromised. The hacker gained access to user names, email addresses and passwords, telephone numbers, and dates of birth.learn more ›
Internal Revenue Service May 2015 - 724,000 Accounts
In May 2015, hackers flooded the tax agency’s online “get transcript” tool. After an extensive, nine-month review of the incident, the IRS revealed that approximately 724,000 taxpayer records were accessed, which were then used to claim refunds conservatively totaling more than $50 million.learn more ›
Anthem February 2015 - 80,000,000 Accounts
In February 2015, Anthem, the second-largest health insurer in the U.S., revealed that its customer database had been breached. Stolen data included names, addresses, dates of birth, Social Security numbers and employment histories.learn more ›
Home Depot 2014 - 56,000,000 Accounts
In 2014, the same Russian hacker organization that hit Target the year prior breached Home Depot's credit card system and gained access to 56MM credit and debit card numbers and pins using a sophisticated malware software that went undetected by Home Depot for many months.learn more ›
Get Notified When Breaches Happen
We guarantee 100% privacy. Your email will not be shared.